Summer 2020 Trail Days
Help us maintain the trails at Bozeman area crags this summer! We are hosting an evening work party on the 4th Wednesday of every month, June through September and we hope you can join us. SMCC will provide sanitized tools. Please bring your own work gloves, snacks, water, etc.
- June 24 – Gallatin Tower trail maintenance
- Meet at the Tower parking pullout at 6pm, we will work until dusk.
- July 22 – Practice Rock trail maintenance
- Meet at the Practice Rock parking area at 6pm, we will work until dusk.
- August 26 – Bozeman Pass trail maintenance
- Meet at the Bozeman Pass parking area at 6pm, we will work until dusk.
- September 23 – Scorched Earth trail maintenance – CANCELED – this event will be rescheduled at a later date.
We are also going to pick up litter at the Carter’s Bridge Fishing Access Site, which is where you park if you’re climbing at Allenspur. Many hands make light work, so please come help! Meet us at the Carter’s Bridge FAS parking lot at 6pm on Wednesday, July 8. SMCC will provide trash bags and hand sanitizer but please bring your own gloves.
Finally, join us for a trail maintenance day at Mill Creek on Saturday, September 12. We’re going to re-build the Land Fingers approach trail so that it’s not such a shaley slip-and slide. Meet us at the Lady Fingers pullout at 9am. We will work until 1pm and then break for lunch (byo) and climbing! SMCC and the Forest Service will provide tools but please bring your own work gloves. We’ll be moving lots of rock and digging – wear closed-toed shoes and pants. Volunteers for this day are limited to 15 and RSVP is REQUIRED! Please sign up here if you plan to attend!