2022 Tour de hyalite – Saturday, September 24!
The famed hardperson running/climbing duathlon returns on Saturday, September 24th. With the exception of of 2020, this one-of-a-kind sufferfest has tortured local mountain sports enthusiasts since 1988 (or maybe it was 1989). The event combines a run (it’s okay to walk) to the top of Hyalite Peak from Grotto Falls TH with toprope climbing at Practice Rock. The climbing score is subtracted from the running time to determine the winner.
Partners are welcome, but the true spirit is to run and climb. Don’t be afraid if you haven’t trained. Since we just announced the event, no one has! You can even walk the whole way!
We’ll have a community potluck BBQ (location TBD) at 6 p.m. We’re limited to 50 for the event, so please register through the paypal link below!
A big THANKS goes out to the American Alpine Club Montana Chapter for their generous event support.
• Run starts at 9 a.m. from Grotto Falls TH (registration/check-in begins at 8:15 a.m.)
• Runners must go to the top of Hyalite Peak or it doesn’t count
• Climbing starts at noon at Practice Rock
• Climbing ends at 5 p.m.
• Climbing score subtracts from running time to determine winner
• Partnering up is permitted but not as cool
• Potluck BBQ at 6 p.m. – location TBD
• Don’t take this too seriously
• Please carpool
• There might be some prizes
• Proceeds support climbing access in SW MT
• $25 for SMCC members and $30 for non-member, so become a member
Click on the button below to pre-pay. Payment on race day will only be accepted by cash or check. Non-members may register for SMCC annual membership here: https://www.joinit.org/o/smcc
All participants are required to complete a waiver. Save some time race day and complete the waiver here (must print out). Minors (under 18) may use this waiver.
Click here to pay if you’re an SMCC annual member ($25)